Oscar Glamour

I was anticipating the prestigious Oscar awards ceremony all week and on Sunday morning I woke up to the happy prospect of seeing the prestigiously beautiful gowns grace the red carpet. Being me, (an idiot) I forgot that the Oscars would not be on in English time till the early hours of Monday morning - que disappointment..

The dresses were far from disappointing this year though, (not that they ever are). I managed to narrow my favorite gowns of the night down to four, with Amanda Seyfried's dress being my ultimate favourite. Jessica Chastain looked classic and beautiful in a body-skimming, blush Giorgio Armani dress - adorned with white crystals and sequins, while Amanda Seyried's corseted, embroidered Alexander Mcqueen gown in lilac oozed Grecian glamour. Jennifer Lawrence stepped out in an ivory Dior gown, pulling off the interesting, structured shape with charm, while Amy Adams went all out in a Oscar De La Renta, with the muted grey tone lending a demure approach to the full ruffled skirt dress. It's interesting that muted, soft tones seemed to dominate the evening's ensemble of dresses. A demure approach to the glitzy award ceremony, although, there was still a sprinkling of glistening, sparkling sequins here and there, ensuring things stayed Hollywood enough.

Comments

Popular Posts