Liz Black Autumn/Winter 2013 Presentation LFW



Last week I got a slice of London fashion week, when i got to go to the Liz Black Autumn/Winter 2013 presentation - which was Alice in Wonderland themed and very, very beautiful. Fashion wonderland? Oh yes.

The Liz Black fashion show was a spectacular start to London fashion week. As i queued in the biting cold outside Freemasons Hall, i watched fashionista after fashionista walz past me sporting sky-scraper heels and a pout - i didn't feel quite so fashion-forward in my Topshop floral dress as when i was sat on the tube. We entered the marvelous Freemasons' hall, (the sky-scraper heel wearers having to totter up the stairs at snail speed) and colourful cupcakes greeted us. The cakes were good. But not as good as the clothes. The 'Wear me' collection was chic yet with an underlying element of cool modernity. The structured designs were bold in colour and statment, with Alice in wonderland inspired detailing giving a dramatic take on classic silhouettes.

They did say 'Eat Me'...


An Alice in Wonderland style song came on, as three models strutted into the room, a la Alice in wonderland character. Far from looking like they fell down a rabbit hole, the flawless models pranced around the tea-party table in the collection's statement pieces. Armed with my camera, I ran around trying to get a good photo of the models. It was overly exciting with the atmospheric music and perfectly executed Alice in wonderland characters in the dramatic dresses. I was a little flustered and I regret not making conversation with anyone, because I was so absorbed in taking photos of the captivating models, but overall i'm chuffed that i got to see such a beautifully crafted collection. The presentation was enchanting and the clothes still have me in a trance. I just wish i could afford thoose marvelous dresses...







Comments

Popular Posts