London Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014: Ones To Watch


Last week I hopped on a train and headed off to London Fashion Week. This is the second time I have had the amazing opportunity to go, but this time I got tickets for several fashion shows, which I was reviewing for TopStylista.com! I couldn't believe how lucky I was to be able to see so many beautiful collection, it was surreal. And I met so many lovely people, whilst queuing up in the rain outside Freemason's hall in Covent garden - a big change from last season, where I was too terrified to speak to anyone.

Recognised as an international stepping stone for up and coming designers, (past designer's include Phoebe English and Eudon Choi), Vauxhall Fashion Scout presented their Ones To Watch show on Friday, February 13th. Needless to say, I was very excited. The collaborative showcase always promises an eclectic and exciting range of designers.There diverse aesthetics may set them apart from one another, but it's their sheer talent that ties them together.

Helen Lawrence was the first designer to wow, with her unconventional crop-sleeved jumpers - beautifully modernized with an ink-black graphic print. They came in loud neon yellow, or else soft pastel blue and pink. The designer sharpened her skills for meticulous design at Alexander McQueen and Mark Fast, which explains her perfectly executed use of unconventional materials: as well as her hints of dark drama - using charcoal grey to create a rougher undertone in the collection. Infusing a pit of space-age sensuality into the looks came in the form of PVC hot pants and a transparent plastic skirt. Knitwear mixed with PVC? Genius. The cuts were superlative, the prints rebellious and the colours exuberantly wonderful.





All the above photos are my own. I used a Nikon D3100 with a 55mm-200mm lens.

My Outfit for the first day of London Fashion Week:

This is the outfit I decided on for the first day of LFW, kindly photographed by a fellow blogger, Joelle at February Girl, who I met watching the Ones To Watch designers. I went for a monochrome, preppy look, with my faveourite pussy bow blouse and quilted a-line skirt. I recently got the skirt from Topshop and love how versatile it is, plus you can't go wrong with quilting à la chanel

Hat: Zara Top: Miss Selfridge Skirt: Topshop Boots: Schuh Ring: Vintage


Comments

Popular Posts